Monday, March 10, 2014

Chicken skillet pie

Comfort foods are just that: comfortable. They should be all kinds of work and stress. Saturday, I made an amazing chicken pot pie in my cast iron skillet. Then I did it again on Sunday, it was that good!


How'd I do it? Easy!

I diced 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks, 4 garlic cloves, and half of a giant yellow onion

I sautéed that'll that in a 12 inch cast iron skillet, then I added some sage, thyme, salt, frozen mixed veggies (whatever I had in the freezer, and 8oz chopped, cooked chicken. I also added a spoonful of chicken bullion and about 1/2 cup of water.

I let it cook until it dried out a bit, then placed crescent rolls (not rolled up) on top. You could just as easily use puff pastry or actual pie crust, but this was what I had around...

Then I put the whole skillet under the broiler for about 10-12 min (until the rolls were puffy and browned. 

Then, I ate! Let me know what you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment