Monday, March 31, 2014

Oops, I did it again...

SausageFest 2014 happened last weekend. 

It was glorious, we should have made shirts to commemorate the occasion... I guess spiced meats will have to do!

A friend of ours has the same sausage grinder that I do, and after careful deliberation over a bottle of wine one night, we decided that we should combine our respective talents into one massive day of meats. Again, glorious.

The day began at The Meat Shop in Phoenix where we picked up some choice cuts (for grinding, so not the speedy stuff) to play with. I also raided my chest freezer for some goodies. We had: beef chuck, pork (loin tip and blade roast), lamb, veal, and chicken thighs.

We went to the downtown phoenix market for some herbs and lemons and then headed home for the fun.



We set one grinder for coarse and the other for fine and we went to town grinding ALL THE MEATS!! 

Truth be told, it was pretty ridiculous.

Trevor, me, and Chris has the most efficient system going. We were all in the zone. 



We even cased a bunch of sausages for a new twist on my old game.




Of course, we tested each recipe before we committed it to the case.

All said, we made: 
Spicy Italian chicken sausage
Fennel and apple chicken sausage
Koobideh (lamb)
Gyro (lamb)
Spicy Italian pork sausage
Wheatless Veal meatballs with flax and pine nuts
Chorizo


 I'll post a recipe or two from this adventure in madness soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment