Monday, October 7, 2013

Spread your calorie further

I'm going to let you all in on a little secret... I LOVE peanut butter. It's my favorite food group, yes I said food group because it is soooo much more than just a food.  Unfortunately, it's really energy-dense so fitting more than a thimble-full into my day can be really difficult.

Lucky for me (and for you!) Trevor has developed a method to streeeetch that thimble of peanut butter into an amount that I almost feel guilty eating. Almost. What's more is that he does it without adding any calories!!  
He starts by measuring the amount of peanut butter he wants for the desired macros. When you do this, you can use any kind of peanut butter, just make sure that there 1) really are peanuts in there, and 2)  are ONLY peanuts in there (and maybe salt). NO ADDED SUGARS or OILS.




Take your peanut butter (which of course you've weighed so you know EXACTLY how much is there) and add 2/3 the weight of peanut butter in hot water. 



so for example, if I have 32 g (a typical serving size) of PB, I would add ~22 g hot water to it.

Then you mix.  Keep mixing.  There you go!  The fiber in the PB has absorbed the water and fluffed up making that tiny bit of yumminess more substantial looking.  Kind of like a blowfish trying to look scary.


I like to portion it 14g at a time into ice cube trays, (this makes 1serving of PB into ~4 cubes!) but however you want to do it, freeze this yummy whipped treat. 

When it has solidified, eat it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment