Monday, July 22, 2013

The egg has been thrown. On it.

I got 2lb of beef sirloin steaks tonight for about $5 and Trevor marinated them for me in a mixture composed of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and citric acid.  We let them sit for a few hours and then boiled them in a shallow pool of their own marinade for about a minute per side. Then (and this is where it gets good!) we poached eggs in the broth.
Top the beef with the eggs and NOM!!

Voila! Throw an egg on it!


Nutrition info: 1 serving= 6oz sirloin, 3 large eggs: 426 kcal; 21g fat; 1.1 carbs; 56g protein

1 comment:

  1. This beef and egg dish looks delicious. Also though when i'm on the road I take whey protein shake from Optimum Nutrition http://golegendary.com/optimum-nutrition-banana-cream-gold-standard-whey-protein-2-two-pounds/ with me, this way when I don't have time to cook protein rich dishes like this, I can get my protein easily still. But I would mother rather have this beef and egg dish at home. :)

    ReplyDelete